You don't want to start thinking of your Monday, do you?
We have the solution to that:
THE SUNDAY SALSA LOUNGE
Every Sunday, 7.30pm-midnight
Man on the Moon, 2 Norfolk Street, Cambridge CB1 2LF
LAUNCH DATE SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 5TH
Beginners dance class at 7.30pm.
Club/social from 8.30pm.
Door price £5.-.
What is this all about?
- An eclectic selection of the best Latin and Tropical music: Salsa of all styles (NY, LA, Cuban), with a touch of Merenge and Reggaeton for the party feel, and a larger proportion of Bachata and Kizomba than usual for the chillout factor.
- All selected and played by a dream team of expert DJs and musicians: DJ Vish, DJ Sacha, musician Nick Duffield and guest DJs will deliver an impeccable mix of old-style favourites and cutting edge trendy selections. We will be setting the standard: the most up-to-date and most tasteful selection of Latin and Tropical music in town. Period.
- Live band once a month: the Salsa Caliente combo, led by Nick Duffield, will perform a live salsa jam once a month. Your weekly support will contribute to build the band's kitty and to get illustrious guest musicians to come to Cambridge on the monthly live night.
- An inclusive dance class: never danced before? No problem. Come and be coached by the best dancers in town to make your first steps in Salsa, Bachata and/or Kizomba, with a rotation of teachers and styles. You will acquire enough basics to get started and to enjoy the night. If you can walk you can dance, and we know what we are talking about: two left feet welcome, we have had harder cases than you in the past and we have turned them into accomplished dancers. No partner needed, we will introduce you to new friends on the night.
- Reasonable bar prices and a refreshing selection of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails. Because hey, it is still the weekend, and you want that extra pleasure on your taste buds, while quenching your dancing thirst without necessarily getting hammered. *So we have been working with the bar staff on tailoring the drinks menu to the needs of the Salsa people.*
This place is about passion, music, dancing and having a good time, right until the very end your weekend.
SUNDAY SALSA LOUNGE:
ALL THE INGREDIENTS FOR SHEER PLEASURE
UNTIL THE VERY LAST MINUTE OF YOUR WEEKEND.
THIS IS THE NEW SALSA PLACE TO BE.
Sunday Salsa Lounge is co-produced by:
DJ Vish - Club Salsa Events - www.club-salsa.co.uk
DJ Sacha - Cambridge Cuban Salsa - www.CambridgeCubanSalsa.co.uk
Nick Duffield - Salsa Caliente - Please check Facebook.