When: Saturday March 2nd, doors open 8pm, band on stage 9.30pm
Where: USC (University Social Club), Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1RX
Yesssss, another title with an exclamation point:
JESUS CUTIÑO y SON D'CUBA are coming to play in Cambridge!
SATURDAY MARCH 2ND, 2013
USC (University Social Club), Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1RX
(Free parking available along Queen's Rd and Trumpington St., open air pay park Hilton Doubletree on Granta Place, covered car park on Downing St.)
Jesus Cutinõ's credentials are very impressive: member of band SKA CUBANO, who has been touring internationally and has been setting fire to major UK festivals such as Glastonbury, resident musician at the famous RONNIE SCOTT'S CLUB in London for their Latino Fridays, on stage at the BARBICAN with international jazz superstar WYNTON MARSALIS, headliner of the LONDON CUBAN CONGRESS last year... Obviously, Jesus is a professional, but one with a friendly personality, an infectious love for danceable music and a communicative energy. Having been to many of his London gigs, we can guarantee that you won't be able to stop dancing! It is a chance and a honour to be able to welcome him in Cambridge for this danceable concert and party, without having to drive miles away to enjoy his music.
The night will also be spiced up by the two DJs who are setting the salsa trends in Cambridge: DJ VISH, who has been running CLUB SALSA EVENTS for the past 15 years, and DJ SACHA of CAMBRIDGE CUBAN SALSA, who brought the Cuban spice to the city. They will pull out their best tunes to take the party to a level that you have rarely seen in Cambridge.
An exciting salsa concert and party with quality musicians and DJs, but without the extra miles: we're definitely going!
Doors open 8pm, band on stage 9.30pm, party ends 1am.
Prices: advance booking £12 (NUS £7), at the door £15 (NUS £8).
Advance booking at the discounted price can be done:
- Directly with DJ Sacha on Thursday evenings at the Cambridge Working Men's Club, Sunday evenings at the Sunday Salsa Lounge (details on http://www.CambridgeCubanSalsa.co.uk);
- Online with the PayPal button below. Please note:
- You do not need a PayPal account to book online, just use a credit card by clicking "Don't have a PayPal account?" on the checkout page.
- We operate a ticket-free scheme. Your name will be registered on our list at the door. Please print your PayPal receipt as a proof of purchase.
- Please bring your student ID if you booked at student price. We reserve the right to claim the difference or to refuse access to the workshop if a student ID can't be shown.
ONLINE BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED. Tickets will be available directly at the door. See you at the USC, it's going to be great!
We hope to see you there!
- Cambridge Cuban Salsa