Next 100% Cuban party with Leandro at the Romsey Labour Club, plus workshop in the afternoon:
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 20TH
SPECIAL REGGAETÓN DAY
with PROYECTO VIVA CUBA LIVE, feat. DJ FLECHA!!!
Exclusive dance workshop in the afternoon
featuring UK salsa teaching celebrity KERRY RIBCHESTER!
Also featuring Reggaetón specialist NATALIE WARD a.k.a. 'La Chica del Reggaetón'!
Dance workshop in the afternoon,
100% Cuban party with LIVE BAND ON STAGE in the evening.
Let us begin with clearing the three most common myths about Reggaetón:
- Myth #1: "Reggaetón is dirty". True or false? FALSE: many Reggaetón movements are in fact inherited from the Orishás, the traditional dances associated with the Santería religion in Cuba. From there, make your dancing as sexy as YOU want, show off your wildest body isolation or just let your body speak for itself: it is above all about fun, and it all belongs to you.
- Myth #2: "Reggaetón is too difficult". True or false? FALSE: just like anything else, it is a matter of knowing just the right amount of technique. A few principles of body isolation to awaken your internal movements and off you go, crazy on the dancefloor, according to the movements YOU like and which best correspond to YOUR personality. Push it a little bit and it can become a fun-filled workout, but you don't have to go that far if you don't want to.
- Myth #3: "Reggaetón music is dull". True or false? FALSE: recent Cuban groups such as Gente de Zona, Eddy K., Los Salvajes or Kola Loka have added elements of salsa into Cuban Reggaetón, thus creating Cubatón, which is more melodic, richer and closer to salsa than the old-school Puerto Rican "gangsta" Reggaetón. Salsa musicians such as Issac Delgado or Pupy have also started to incorporate elements of Reggaetón into their salsa tracks, thus making for even more richness, energy and dancing options!
REGGAETÓN IS ABOUT FUN
REGGAETÓN IS ABOUT ENERGY
REGGAETÓN IS ABOUT PARTYING
REGGAETÓN IS ABOUT YOU HAVING A GOOD TIME
In order to celebrate all the brilliant qualities of Reggaetón, SATURDAY 20TH of NOVEMBER will be Cambridge's BIG REGGAETÓN DAY with Leandro!!!
- 14:30-19:00: body movement and styling workshop at StPaul's Centre.
- 20:30-02:00: 100% Cuban party with PROYECTO VIVA CUBA LIVE REGGAETÓN ON STAGE, feat. DJ FLECHA FROM LONDON!
Where: StPaul's Centre, Hills Road Cambridge CB2 1JP.
Price: 25£ advance booking (until Fri.Nov.19th), £30 on-site.
KERRY RIBCHESTER and NATALIE WARD
BA: Dance; Certified Hellerwork Practitioner; DES and UKA Qualified Teacher
Kerry is a world-class dance teacher and movement therapist who has travelled quite literally, all over the world studying, teaching, performing and leading conferences in Structural Integration, Cuban dance and Well Being. What makes Kerry’s work very special is her detailed understanding of the body in movement, and her depth of knowledge and research into Cuban Dance.
Please check Kerry's Dance holiday programmes with Key2Cuba, the holiday of a lifetime! New Year's itinerary can be found on:
UKA trained in Bronze & Silver levels of Salsa & Bachata
Natalie has been dancing in the industry for 3years, having worked for several Latin Dance Companies, and has assisted some well-known instructors in their classes, amongst which Leandro Charanga. She is famous for her powerful and dynamic Reggaetón style which got her nicknamed 'La Chica Del Reggaeton'. She has been voted 'The best outside London'.
Natalie's dance classes:
- 14:30-15:20: Salsa versus Son with Sacha: learn the difference between tiempo and contratiempo (time and counter-time) in the steps, and how to hear it in the music.
- 15:30-16:20: Men and women styling with Leandro and Kerry Ribchester. Learn a completely new way to consider Cuban movement and body isolation!
- 16:30-17:20: Orishás with Leandro and Kerry. Learn some Orishás to develop your body isolation and to enrich your Reggaetón and your Salsa.
- 17:30-18:30: Reggaetón! with Leandro and Natalie Ward. The real deal, taught by the Reggaetón king and queen themselves.
Don't miss this opportunity to deepen other aspects of Salsa than what you are used to on a weekly basis.
It is recommended to book the afternoon workshop in advance BEFORE SAT.NOV.20TH. Booking can be made at the Labour Club on Wednesdays or online via PayPal, see the button below. NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT NEEDED, just click "Use your credit card" on the checkout page, below the "Don't have a PayPal account?" section. THE ONLINE BOOKING LINK WILL BE REMOVED ON FRIDAY NOV.19th AT 10pm.
ONLINE BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED. Tickets will be available at the venue.
Where: Romsey Labour Club, Mill Road off Coleridge, Cambridge CB1 3NL.
Price: £8 at the door, £5 if you came to the workshop.
PROYECTO VIVA CUBA LIVE!!!
Feat. DJ Flecha from London.
Recorded Cuban Reggaetón is good.
Cuban Reggaetón mixed live on stage is going to blow your mind!
When Proyecto Viva Cuba is on stage, the audience doesn't event wonder for a second about the political correctness of Reggaetón: everyone just goes crazy on the floor. Such phenomenon has been witnessed at the Salsa Explosion's Cuban Congress in last April in Bournemouth, as well as many times at the famous Baila Londres parties in London. Proyecto Viva Cuba is:
- René Alvarez, whose professional musical credits include world-known timba band Sur Caribe;
- Jessel Saladriga-Fernandez, famous Cuban rapper known as "El Huevo" in Havana city, now settled in the UK;
- DJ Flecha, one of London's top Cuban-style DJs, known for his amazing ability to mix Cuban tunes seamlessly, his direct connections to Cuban musicians which allow him to keep the freshest selection of unreleased tunes at all times, and his innate ability to sense and raise the crowd's dancing energy. Seeing him build Reggaetón live on stage is an amazement not to be missed.
IT IS A PRIVILEGE TO GET THEM IN CAMBRIDGE AND WE ARE VERY LUCKY THAT THEY ACCEPTED OUR INVITATION. DON'T MISS!
And don't forget the Reggaetón free class and animations throughout the night by the Reggaetón king himself LEANDRO CHARANGA!
Sample videos below:Rene and Jessel, RedSmokeFamily productions in Cuba:
Proyecto Viva Cuba with Leandro, fun-filled Bournemouth gig:
"UK Team Cuba" tune recorded by Proyecto Viva Cuba with DJ Flecha:
ARE YOU EXCITED NOW?
Booking the workshop entails a discount on the party price, so that is a perfect package to enrich your body movements and come to enjoy the whole fun of Reggaetón.
Be part of the most genuine and energetic Cuban salsa scene in Cambridge. New moves, new friends, new impulse, yet always the same welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. Free class, great performance, good size dancefloor, Havana Club rum at rock bottom prices, friendly atmosphere, open till 2am... It doesn't get any better for a great salsa night out on a Saturday.
- 2.30pm-6.30pm: workshop at StPaul's: styling, body isolation, Orishás, Reggaetón with LEANDRO and KERRY RIBCHESTER.
- 8pm : party at the Romsey Labour Club, doors open
- 8.15pm : exclusive reggaetón class with Leandro,
- 9.30pm: DJ Sacha at the decks with the best and most recent of Timba, Salsa Cubana, Son, Rumba, Reggaeton, Bachata, Kizomba.
- 11pm: Proyecto Viva Cuba LIVE, 1hr set of Reggaeton on stage!
- 12am: sample set with DJ FLECHA on the decks.
Workshop: £20 in advance, £25 on the day.
Party: £8.- at the door, £5 if bundled with the workshop.
Unbeatable bar prices.
Party open until 2.00am.
Guaranteed Cuban atmosphere.
It is recommended to book the afternoon workshop in advance BEFORE SAT.NOV.20TH. Booking can be made at the Labour Club on Wednesdays or online via PayPal, see the button below. NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT NEEDED, just click "Use your credit card" on the checkout page, below the "Don't have a PayPal account?" section. THE ONLINE BOOKING LINK WILL BE REMOVED ON FRIDAY NOV.19TH AT 10pm.
ONLINE BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED. Tickets will be available at the venue.
For parking options around the Romsey Labour Club, please see: this entry.
-- Leandro and DJ Sacha