The AfroSalsa Dance Festival 2013
Saturday July 13th - 09:30 - 02.30
Sunday July 14th - 12:30 - 23.30
Cambridge - The Missing Sock and the Man on the Moon
Two great days out of Salsa dancing, music, fine food, partying and friendship!
- More than 20 hours of workshop to choose from in: Salsa, AfroCuban, Ladies/Men Styling, Bachata, Kizomba, percussions.
- Classes for all levels. Indoors and covered outdoors, weather-proof spaces.
- Non-stop partying until 2.30am on the Saturday night, and extra partying until 23:30 on the Sunday night.
- Exclusive shows by the invited teachers.
- Delicious food and drink specials available on site. Ample parking space.
The programme features professional master teachers who have impressive track records of teaching nationally and internationally. It also actively promotes the new generation of teachers who have learned from the masters and are doing a great job developing Cuban salsa at the national level. Finally, it also features some of the teachers who are doing an essential job in developing Cuban salsa at the local level in East Anglia. In alphabetical order, please welcome:
Etián Antuche Almeida, Cuba/London - Casino Style
Damarys Farres, Cuba/London - AfroCuban/Son
José Ferrera Mullen, Cuba/Norwich - Percussions
Kerry Ribchester, UK/London - Cuban bodywork
Ariel Rios Robert, Cuba/London - AfroCuban/Salsa
NEW NEW NEW: Moe Flex, London - Rueda de Casino
NEW NEW NEW: Yanet Fuentes, Cuba/London - Lady styling and exclusive show
NEW NEW NEW: Yolanda Perez, Cuba/London - AfroCuban Fusion
NEW NEW NEW: Karel Duvergel, Cuba/Leamington Spa - Muevelo, Rueda, Cha Cha Cha
THE NEW GENERATION
Julian Marmolejo, Colombia/London - Bachata
Francis Marinho, UK/Milton Keynes - Reggaeton/Salsa Suelta
Elen Wales & René Bekker, UK/Kent - Kizomba
NEW NEW NEW: DJ Alexandra MiniVibes, London's Premier Female Salsa DJ!
NEW NEW NEW: Debbie Back2Toes will provide her heavenly massages as part of the Saturday programme!
NEW NEW NEW: Clive Frost will tell his fascinating travel stories about Cuba and the making of his book "CUBA: Cubanas y Cubanos". The book will be available at a preferential rate during the festival. Clive Frost's website: www.thePICTURE.co.uk.
All the above teachers are CONFIRMED at the time of writing, we will add more to the lineup if the festival gets sufficient support.
- 9:30am - 10am : registration, free tea/coffee, welcome address.
- 10am - 1pm : morning workshops.
- 1pm - 2pm : lunch break, special buffet.
- 2pm - 7pm : afternoon workshops.
- 7pm - 8.30pm : dinner break, special menu or a la carte.
- 8.30pm : ice-breaker and party, shows at 11pm.
- 12:30 - 14:00 : brunch time, open dancefloors, free ruedas.
- 14:00 - 17:00 : special 3hrs rueda workshop, "Hangout with Moe Flex"!
- 17:00 - 19:30 : Dinner break.
- 19:30 - 23:30 : Special class (teacher TBC) and free party at the Sunday Salsa Lounge, Man on the Moon, 3 Norfolk St, CB1 2LF, upon presentation of the festival's wristband.
All teachers are confirmed at the time of writing. This programme is provisional, we reserve the right to introduce adjustments.
An inspirational and innovative place on the outskirts of Cambridge, with a brilliant deco and some amazing food and drinks. You will be enchanted.
The Missing Sock
Finders Corner, Newmarket Road,
Stow-cum-Quy, Cambridge CB25 9AQ
WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT TRUST YOUR SAT-NAV. Please see the TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION page for more info.
Click here for more information about the venue.
Accommodation: camping on site is available for £5 if booked in advance with the Missing Sock. SHOWERS are available. There is also a wide range of cheap hotels available nearby. Please CLICK HERE for information about TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION to the festival.
Like last year, there will be a £6 BUFFET offer for lunch (BBQ option to be confirmed), and a 3-course buffet special at £14 for dinner. A range of snacks will also be available throughout the day.
Gentle notice: as part of the agreement that makes it possible to organise the festival at this great venue, all food consumed on the premises MUST come from The Missing Sock. The food has received very positive feedback last year, so we hope that this is good value for you. Thank you for your understanding.
Pricing and tickets:
Tickets are significantly cheaper if bought in advance. The price list below indicates prices until July 12th/on site:
- Saturday+Sunday, full pass: £60/£65.
- Saturday+Sunday, full pass, STUDENT: £35/£40.
- Saturday only, workshops+party: £50/£55.
- Saturday only, workshops+party, STUDENT: £30/£35.
- Saturday party + shows only: £12/£15.
- Sunday only, 3hrs workshop + free party: £20/£20.
- Sunday only, 3hrs workshop + free party, STUDENT: £15/£15.
- Children under 12 years old FREE.
Tickets can be bought in advance at the preferential rate through the following channels:
- online through Paypal, using the drop-down menu below (NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT NEEDED, the bookings can be made with any regular credit card);
- directly at The Sunday Salsa Lounge, every Sunday, 19:30 - 23:30, Man on the Moon, 2 Norfolk St, CB1 2LF - 079 03 828 017;
- directly at The Thursday Salsa Social Club, every Thursday, 19:30 - 23:30, Cambridge Working Men's Club, 125 East Road, Cambridge CB1 1DB (opposite the Crown Court) - 079 03 828 017;
- directly and anytime at The Missing Sock, Finders Corner, Newmarket Road, Stow-cum-Quy, Cambridge CB25 9AQ - 01223 812 660.
- You do not need a PayPal account to book online, just use a credit card by clicking "Don't have a PayPal account?" on the checkout page.
- We operate a ticket-free scheme. Your name will be registered on our list at the door. Please print your PayPal receipt as a proof of purchase.
- Please bring your student ID if you booked at student price. We reserve the right to claim the difference or to refuse access to the workshop if a student ID can't be shown.
ONLINE BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED. EXTRA TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE DIRECTLY AT THE DOOR. Thanks and see you there!
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further enquiries.
"Welcome and thank you for your support. We wish you two great days of dancing, partying, fine food and friendship at the AfroSalsa Dance Festival!"
-- The AfroSalsa Dance Festival team:
-- DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa and The Missing Sock
Please click on the flyers below: