When: Saturday May 14th - 14:30-18:30
Where: StPaul's Centre, Hills Road Cambridge CB2 1JP
Note: This workshop is happening on the same day as Leandro's 100% Cuban Party evening at the Romsey Labour Club, Mill rd off Coleridge, CB1 3NL, 20:30. Double good reason for a trip to Cambridge!
Once more it is an immense honour for Cambridge Cuban Salsa to welcome:
Director of the Cuban School of Arts
Cuba / London
- and -
JUAN CARLOS PACHECO
Professional dancer, Superior Art Institute of Cuba
Cuba / Peterborough
If you are a regular of the main Cuban congresses in the UK, you have seen them everywhere:
- She is the absolute master of all Cuban forms of dance, from the original Arara, Palo and Rumba forms up to the most modern Casino and Reggaeton styles; her performances as Goddess of Beauty Oshún have been widely acclaimed, and her glowing positive energy and charm have enchanted many a salsa Student: she is DAMARYS FARRES, director of the Cuban School of Arts.
- He is the ultimate Son performer and teacher, smooth as the devil, macho a lo Cubano; he is maintaining a thriving Cuban salsa scene in Peterborough; did you know that he trained and worked as a professional dancer with the most prestigious groups before settling in the UK? He is JUAN CARLOS PACHECO, the king of the tornillos.
Not convinced yet? Have a look at this:
What do you think now?
Maybe something like "I want to dance like these people"?
SON is often described as the grandfather of Salsa and is danced on the counter-time (sometimes referred to as "on2"). Why should one care about such a seemingly old dancing style? Well, old things bring new ones, and you will find that dancing the son step on some of the newest Timba tunes feels incredibly good, and can bring a whole new dimension to your dancing. Most Cubans actually dance salsa on the son / counter-time step most of the time! When new steps start feeling old, old steps bring some renewal. Well, behind the philosophical pun you got the point: it's all about diversity, fun and adding new dimensions to your dancing.
Check this one to see what can happen when dancing "son moderno", modern son:
Amazing, isn't it?
Son will definitely add smoothness and flow to your salsa, REGARDLESS OF WHICH STYLE YOU ARE USED TO DANCE. And with DAMARYS and JUAN CARLOS as teachers, you are guaranteed to learn with THE BEST TEACHERS IN THE UK. Don't miss such a great opportunity!
4hrs workshop including refreshments:
£30 in advance / £35 at the door
£20 in advance / £25 at the door
Advance booking can be done:
- directly with DJ Sacha on Wednesdays at the Romsey Labour Club, Mondays at Orchard Park or Da Cuban Room at USC (details on http://www.CambridgeCubanSalsa.co.uk)
- Online with the PayPal button below, UNTIL FRIDAY MAY 13th at 6PM. Please note: you DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT to book online, just use a credit card by clicking the "continue" link under "Don't have a PayPal account?" on the PayPal page.
ONLINE BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED, but tickets will be available at the door. We are looking forward to seeing you there to share the good times!
We are hoping to see many of you for this extraordinary workshop with top teachers, happening right here in Cambridge, the new hip spot for Cuban salsa int he UK!
- DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa