Cambridge Cuban Salsa Club
The AfroSalsa Festival 2016
The AfroSalsa Dance Festival 2016
Saturday June 25th - 11:30 - 03:00
Sunday June 26th - 13:30 - 23:00
NEW VENUE, REDUCED PRICE
and TIMING CHANGES!!!
All details can be found in the programme and in the video below:
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
Two great days out of Salsa dancing, music, partying and friendship!
- More than 15 hours of workshop to choose from in: Salsa, AfroCuban, Ladies/Men Styling, Bachata, percussions.
- Classes for all levels. Covered, weather-proof spaces with wooden floors.
- Non-stop partying until 3.00am on the Saturday night, and extra partying until 23:00 on the Sunday night.
- Exclusive shows by the invited teachers.
- Venue easily accessible in Cambridge city centre. Walkable from the railway station.
The programme features professional master teachers who have impressive track records of teaching nationally and internationally. It also actively promotes the new generation of teachers who have learned from the masters and are doing a great job developing Cuban salsa at the national and international level. Finally, it also features some of the teachers who are doing an essential job in developing Cuban salsa at the local level in East Anglia. In alphabetical order, please welcome:
MASTER CLASSES with:
Damarys Farres, Cuba/London - AfroCuban/Rumba
Nikola Medic and Danielle Satsias, Serbia/Cyprus/London - Ruedaaaaaa!
Yeni Molinet, Cuba/Italy - AfroCuban/Casino/Sabor
Ariel Rios Robert, Cuba/London - AfroCuban/Son
DJ El Gato Volador, Italy
DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa, Cambridge
DJ Vish, Cambridge - Kizomba dancefloor
Bachata Obsesion, Cambridge - Bachata dancefloor
SATURDAY NIGHT CONCERT with LIVE BAND SON YAMBU on Saturday!
NEW! Randy Lester and Igor Cardona, Cuba/London - Percussions
NEW! FREE CUBAN DINNER ON SATURDAY NIGHT!
NEW! AFTER PARTY CONFIRMED at Novi, 12 Regent St, Cambridge CB2 1DB
All the above artists are CONFIRMED at the time of writing.
Please note: due to unforeseen circumstances, Debbie Back2Toes is unable to make it to the festival this year. She asked us to convey her apologies to all the AfroSalsa friends. We wish her good luck and look forward to seeing her next year!
VENUE: University Social Club (USC), Mill Lane, CB2 1RX
- 11:30am - 12noon : registration, free tea/coffee, welcome address.
- 12noon - 7pm : afternoon workshops.
- 7pm - 8.30pm : dinner break. FREE CUBAN DINNER SERVED AT THE USC!
- 8.30pm : ice-breaker and party
- 9.30pm : shows and band on stage, LIVE CONCERT WITH SON YAMBU!
- 1am-3am : after party at Novi, 12 Regent St, Cambridge CB2 1DB.
VENUE: Salisbury Conservative WMC, 272 Mill Rd, CB1 3NF
- 13:30 - 15:30 : special 2hrs workshop, Carte Blanche to Yeni Molinet!
- 15:30 - 16:30 : short break, free juices and cakes!
- 16:00 - 18:00 : special 2hrs Rueda workshop with Niko&Dani, Havana Londres style!
- 18:o0 - 19:30 : Dinner break.
- 19:30 - 23:00 : Grand Finale -- workshop+party at the Salisbury Conservative WMC.
Saturday evening FREE DINNER after the workshops:
As you know there has always been a food component to the AfroSalsa. This year we have asked Nanna Mexico to cook a succulent Cuban dinner for you: rice, beans, salads, and a choice of chicken or pork. They promised to try and find some yucca too!
And the best thing is: IT'S INCLUDED IN THE FESTIVAL TICKET AT NO EXTRA COST if you have booked a full pass or a Saturday pass. So yes, that's a free dinner, yay!
All teachers are confirmed at the time of writing. We reserve the right to introduce adjustments to the programme.
Pricing and tickets - NEW PRICES:
Tickets are significantly cheaper if bought in advance. The price list below indicates prices until June 24th/on site.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have bought tickets before the price change, the difference will be refunded in cash at the door. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- Saturday+Sunday, full pass: NOW £55/£60. (Was £65/£70!)
- Saturday+Sunday, full pass, STUDENT: NOW £35/£40. (Was £40/£45!)
- Saturday only, workshops+party: NOW £50/£55. (Was £55/£60!)
- Saturday only, workshops+party, STUDENT: NOW £30/£35. (Was £35/£40!)
- Saturday party + band + shows only: £15/£15.
- Sunday only, 4hrs workshop + free party: NOW £25/£25. (Was £30/£30!)
- Sunday only, 4hrs workshop + free party, STUDENT: NOW £15/£15. (Was £20/£20!)
- Children under 12 years old FREE.
Tickets can be bought in advance at the preferential rate through the following channels:
- online through Paypal, using the drop-down menu below (NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT NEEDED, the bookings can be made with any regular credit card);
- directly at The Cambridge Cuban Salsa Thursdays and Sundays, every Thursday and every Sunday, 19:30 - 23:00, Cambridge Working Men's Club, 125 East Road, Cambridge CB1 1DB (opposite the Crown Court) - 079 03 828 017.
- You do not need a PayPal account to book online, just use a credit card by clicking "Don't have a PayPal account?" on the checkout page.
- We operate a ticket-free scheme. Your name will be registered on our list at the door. Please print your PayPal receipt as a proof of purchase.
- Please bring your student ID if you booked at student price. We reserve the right to claim the difference or to refuse access to the workshop if a student ID can't be shown.
ONLINE BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED. But no worries, you can still book at the door!
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further enquiries.
"Welcome and thank you for your support. We wish you two great days of dancing, partying, and friendship at the AfroSalsa Dance Festival!"
-- DJ Sacha and the Cambridge Cuban Salsa Team
Please click on the flyers below. PLEASE NOTE: THE VENUE AND PRICES HAVE CHANGED, and the info on the flyer is not accurate anymore. This web page now reflects the correct festival information.