Cambridge Cuban Salsa Club
AfroSalsa Workshop Series: OSBANIS and ANNETA, Deakocan 4 weeks course in CAMBRIDGE!
When: Sundays February 17th & 24th, March 10th & 17th, 18:30-20:30
Where: Man on the Moon, 2 Norfolk St., CB1 2LF
PLEASE NOTE: BONUS CLASS and LAST CHANCE TO JOIN
Because lots of you have paid the full course while knowing that they would miss a class, and because there were new demands to join the closed group (you didn't know it was happening, did you... ), WE HAVE ARRANGED ONE BONUS CLOSED GROUP CLASS with ARIEL on Sunday March 3rd.
- If you have paid for the 4 weeks course already, NO EXTRA COST: just turn up at 18:30 and enjoy.
- If you would like to join the closed group, THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE, PLEASE DO IT ON THIS SUNDAY FEB.24TH. The price as announced is £48 (students £29) for 4 weeks of Cuban salsa with exceptional teachers, including 1hr closed group class, 1hr drop-in class, and party. That is *way* cheaper than any equivalent class in London.
Apologies about the complications, please mind that we are doing our best to keep everyone happy.
SEE YOU ON SUNDAY!
Cambridge Cuban Salsa is absolutely delighted and excited to continue the AfroSalsa Workshop Series with an 4 weeks master course featuring international artists
OSBANIS TEJEDA and ANNETA KEPKA -- DANCE DEAKOCAN
4 Sundays at the Man on the Moon, 2 Norfolk St., CB1 2LF (parking available), on February 17th & 24th and March 10th & 17th:
18:30-19:30: CLOSED GROUP, available upon advance booking only.
19:30-20:30: Drop-in class with the invited teachers.
20:30-23:30: Paaaaarty time!
The Cuban salsa level is rising higher and higher in Cambridge, time for an extra dose of inspiration: here is a unique opportunity to practice in a CLOSED GROUP for continuous progress with some of the most influential teachers available in the UK today! Everyone who has met the at the AfroSalsa 2012 wanted them back, so here they are for you:
Anneta Kepka, a London based internationally known dance artist, teacher, choreographer & performer: 2008 IDO World Ladies Salsa Shines Champion and 2006 UK Salsa Champion, she began her adventure with dance in Poland at the age of 10. Over the years she has studied various other forms of dance, like RnB , hip-hop, street dance, ballroom and Latin. As a one of the lead dancers of a dance company in Poland she discovered salsa and felt a strong connection with Latin dance and music. After experimenting with different styles at various salsa congresses (first L.A., then New York, Puerto-Rican and finally Cuban), she decided to devote her heart and soul to developing her knowledge of Cuban style only, which appeared to be the one with the most to offer in terms of cultural depth, connection with the music and secrets to discover.
"Dance is a powerful form of visual communication, which goes way beyond all the barriers of verbal language, space and time. It is a form of non-verbal communication, a representation of art, expressed by shapes and movement giving an opportunity to express our personality and emotions." - Anneta Kepka
Osbanis Tejeda Fajardo, a London based inernationally known dance artist, musician, teacher, choreographer & performer: 2004 World Rueda Champion, 2003 UK Cuban Salsa Champion, graduated professor of Cuban percussion. Born in Granma, Cuba, and grew up in Havana. He always had a big passion for music and used to play with many different bands in Cuba, all sorts of music from more traditional style of Son , Rumba, Cha cha cha, and Popular music to modern Latin jazz and other genres. In 2002 he came to UK with the idea of making the Cuban roots more popular around the word. From playing the music to playing with the music, that's when his dance career took a professional turn. He incorporates in his style the street Cuban salsa – casino, which he was surrounded by when living in Cuba. On the music side, he has had the opportunity to work with many world famous bands, like Orishas and Roll Deep. On the dancing side, he has been featured in some music videos and TV commercials as well as sharing the stage with stars like Sean Paul, Angie Stone and Craig David.
"Como se baila se toca, como se toca se baila, cada cual nace con un sentimiento, pero este sentimiento tienes que descubrirlo, buscalo, que esta en ti." - Osbanis Tejeda Fajardo
Osbanis and Anneta are travelling around the world with the aim to share their knowledge and positive spirit, in order to inspire the dancers to dance Deakocan, that is, to dance from the heart and enjoy what Cuban dances have to offer. More information is available on their website:http://www.deakocan.com/
THE SUNDAY SALSA LOUNGE
The classes are followed by the usual Sunday Salsa Lounge Cuban party, which has been rocking the Cuban scene in Cambridge for the past three years, led by DjSacha whose knowledgeable and tasteful selection of danceable Cuban music has been validated by invitations to play at the most prestigious of the UK's Cuban congresses such as the Bournemouth International Cuban Salsa Congress, the Tropicalentura South Wales Cuban Congress and the AfroCuban Pati weekender series.
What's included in this 4 weeks master course:
This 4 weeks master class includes 1hr of weekly class in a CLOSED GROUP available only upon advance booking, from 18:30 to 19:30. Please note: the closed group is not suitable for beginners. If in doubt about your level, please contact DjSacha. Numbers will be strictly limited for the closed group, in order to get full attention from the teacher, and no extra admission will be taken once the course is started, in order to guarantee continuous progress.
The closed group class will be followed by another hour in the form of the usual drop-in class with the invited teacher, from 19:30 to 20:30. Then the party will carry on until 23:30.
You have the option to book the closed group only or a bundle with the drop-in class which will give you full access to the Sunday Salsa Lounge class and party for on the advertised course dates at a discounted rate. These options are available as two distinct packages:
- Closed group only package: 4 weeks of Cuban salsa master classes with top professional teachers in a closed group, including 4hrs tuition with Osbanis&Anneta. Price: £25 UNTIL FEBRUARY 3rd, £30 thereafter. Students: £14 / £18.
- Full access package: 4 weeks "all you can eat" Cuban salsa with top professional teachers on the advertised dates, including the closed group package above plus full access to the Sunday Salsa Lounge drop-in class and party afterwards with a top national DJ. Price: £40 UNTIL FEBRUARY 3rd, £48 thereafter. Students: £25 / £29.
Please note that the full access package corresponds to 4 weeks of complete salsa entertainment and tuition with top international teachers, including full access to the Sunday Salsa Lounge on the advertised dates without anything extra to pay.
- Osbanis & Anneta are internationally acclaimed teachers with verifiable credentials.
- These teachers are usually available only in London or at faraway congresses. By taking this workshop in Cambridge, you are making huge savings on transport costs.
- Their invitation to Cambridge is the result of a careful editorial choice, as their classes have achieved great results and have been appreciated by many other dancers around the UK.
- These teachers have been introduced locally at the AfroSalsa Festival 2012, and the feedback about their classes has been extremely positive.
TIME TO BRING YOUR CUBAN SALSA TO THE NEXT LEVEL: just join and enjoy this great opportunity to learn Cuban salsa with some of the best teachers available today in the UK!
Advance booking can be done:
- Directly with DJ Sacha on Thursday evenings at the Cambridge Working Men's Club, Sunday evenings at the Sunday Salsa Lounge (details on http://www.CambridgeCubanSalsa.co.uk);
- Online with the PayPal button below. Please note:
- You do not need a PayPal account to book online, just use a credit card by clicking "Don't have a PayPal account?" on the checkout page.
- We operate a ticket-free scheme. Your name will be registered on our list at the door. Please print your PayPal receipt as a proof of purchase.
- Please bring your student ID if you booked at student price. We reserve the right to claim the difference or to refuse access to the workshop if a student ID can't be shown.
Thank you for booking, we are looking forward to sharing the excitement of this fantastic master course with you!
-- Cambridge Cuban Salsa