Cambridge Cuban Salsa Club
The AfroSalsa Festival 2012
The AfroSalsa Dance Festival 2012
Saturday July 14th - 09:30 - 02.30
Sunday July 15th - 12:30 - 23.30
Cambridge - The Missing Sock and the Man on the Moon
Because this year lots of people are coming from far away and are staying for the night, we thought we'd make it even more worth the trip, so the festival has now become a TWO DAYS EVENT with the addition of a 3 hours workshop with NIKOLA MEDIC, RUEDA WORLD CHAMPION on Sunday afternoon, and free access to the Sunday Salsa Lounge party on Sunday evening. You don't have to take the extra Sunday activities if you don't want to: all the options are explained below.
TWO great days out of Salsa dancing, music, fine food, partying and friendship!
- More than 18 hours of workshop to choose from in: Salsa, AfroCuban, Ladies/Men Styling, Bachata, Kizomba, percussions.
- Classes for all levels. Indoors and covered outdoors, weather-proof spaces.
- Non-stop partying until 2.30am on the Saturday night, and extra partying until 23:30 on the Sunday night.
- Exclusive shows by the invited teachers.
- Delicious food and drink specials available on site. Ample parking space.
The programme features professional master teachers who have impressive track records of teaching nationally and internationally. It also actively promotes the new generation of teachers who have learned from the masters and are doing a great job developing Cuban salsa at the national level. Finally, it also features some of the teachers who are doing an essential job in developing Cuban salsa at the local level in East Anglia. In alphabetical order, please welcome:
Idalberto Alcala, Cuba/London - Son - NEW
José Ferrera Mullen, Cuba/Norwich - Percussions
Kerry Ribchester, UK/London - Cuban salsa
Ariel Rios Robert, Cuba/London - AfroCuban/Salsa
Osbanis Tejada, Cuba/London
and Anneta Kepka, Poland/Lodon - Musical interpretation/Cuban salsa styling
THE NEW GENERATION
Francis Marinho, UK/Milton Keynes - Styling/Body Isolation
JP Salsa, UK/Bournemouth - Reggaeton
Beki Saunders, UK/Kent - Styling/Zumba/Cuban salsa
EXCLUSIVE: ice-breaker class with KERRY RIBCHESTER to start the Saturday party!
EXTRA 3hrs WORKSHOP on SUNDAY JULY 15th with superstar teacher
NIKOLA MEDIC, the RUEDA WORLD CHAMPION, Serbia/London - "Rueda de Casino/Styling"
EXTRA CUBAN SALSA CLASS on SUNDAY JULY 15th with
PAPITO SHANGO from the HAVANA RUMBA CAST, straight from Cuba - "The soul of Cuban salsa"
All the above teachers are CONFIRMED at the time of writing, we will add more to the lineup if the festival gets sufficient support.
- 9:30am - 10am : registration, free tea/coffee, welcome address.
- 10am - 1pm : morning workshops.
- 1pm - 2pm : lunch break, special menu from the lounge bus.
- 2pm - 7pm : afternoon workshops.
- 7pm - 8.30pm : dinner break, special menu or a la carte.
- 8.30pm : ice-breaker and party, shows at 11pm.
- 12:30 - 14:00 : brunch time, open dancefloors, free ruedas.
- 14:00 - 17:00 : special workshop with Nikola Medic, Rueda World Champion.
- 17:00 - 19:30 : Dinner break.
- 19:30 - 23:30 : Special class with Papito Shango and free party at the Sunday Salsa Lounge, Man on the Moon, 3 Norfolk St, CB1 2LF, upon presentation of the festival's wristband.
All teachers are confirmed at the time of writing. This programme is provisional, we reserve the right to introduce adjustments.
An inspirational and innovative place on the outskirts of Cambridge, with a brilliant deco and some amazing food and drinks. You will be enchanted.
The Missing Sock
Finders Corner, Newmarket Road,
Stow-cum-Quy, Cambridge CB25 9AQ
WARNING: DO NOT TRUST YOUR SAT-NAV. Please see the TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION page for more info.
Click here for more information about the venue.
Accommodation: there is a possibility to camp on site for £5 if booked in advance with the Missing Sock. This year SHOWERS are available. There is also a wide range of cheap hotels available nearby. Please CLICK HERE for information about TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION to the festival.
Following last year's feedback, the food options have been revised. This year, there will be a £6 BUFFET offer for lunch (BBQ option to be confirmed), and a 3-course buffet special at £14 for dinner. The dinner special can be bought at the 15% discounted rate of £12 if booked in advance with the party or workshop ticket.
A range of snacks will also be available throughout the day.
Gentle notice: all food consumed on the premises MUST come from The Missing Sock. Thank you for your understanding.
That said, between a walk in the woods with a plain ham sandwich or a warm, tasty, reasonably priced festival special in the funky surroundings of The Missing Sock, is there really much to hesitate about...
Pricing and tickets:
Tickets are significantly cheaper if bought in advance. The price list below indicates prices until July 12th/on site:
- Saturday+Sunday, full pass: £55/£60.
- Saturday+Sunday, full pass, STUDENT: £30/£35.
- Saturday only, workshops+party: £45,£50.
- Saturday only, workshops+party, STUDENT: £25/£30.
- Saturday party + shows only: £12/£15.
- Saturday dinner extra: £12 ONLY if booked online and in advance with the full pass or party, or £14 on site (£24 dinner+party on site).
- Sunday only, 3hrs workshop + free party: £20.
- Sunday only, 3hrs workshop + free party, STUDENT: £15.
- Children under 12 years old FREE.
PLEASE NOTE: if you bought your ticket online at the early bird price before June 1st, access to the Sunday workshop is included at no extra cost.
Tickets can be bought in advance at the preferential rate through the following channels:
- online through Paypal, using the drop-down menu below (NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT NEEDED, the bookings can be made with any regular credit card);
- directly at The Sunday Salsa Lounge, every Sunday, 19:30 - 23:30, Man on the Moon, 2 Norfolk St, CB1 2LF - 079 03 828 017;
- directly at The Thursday Salsa Social Club, every Thursday, 19:30 - 23:30, Cambridge Working Men's Club, 125 East Road, Cambridge CB1 1DB (opposite the Crown Court) - 079 03 828 017;
- directly and anytime at The Missing Sock, Finders Corner, Newmarket Road, Stow-cum-Quy, Cambridge CB25 9AQ - 01223 812 660.
ONLINE BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED. Thanks for booking directly at the venue. There are still availabilities.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further enquiries.
"Welcome and thank you for your support. We wish you two great days of dancing, partying, fine food and friendship at the AfroSalsa Dance Festival!"
-- The AfroSalsa Dance Festival team:
-- DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa and The Missing Sock
Click the flyers below: