Cambridge Cuban Salsa Club
The AfroSalsa Festival 2011
The AfroSalsa Dance Festival 2011
Saturday July 2nd - 9:30am - 3am
Cambridge - The Missing Sock
A great day out of Salsa dancing, music, fine food, partying and friendship!
- More than 15 hours of workshop to choose from in: Salsa, AfroCuban, Ladies/Men Styling, Bachata, Kizomba, percussions.
- Classes for all levels. Indoors and covered outdoors, weather-proof spaces.
- Non-stop partying until 3am.
- Exclusive shows by the invited teachers.
- Delicious food and drink specials available on site. Ample parking.
9 of the best of UK teachers:
Damarys Farres, Cuba/London - AfroCuban/Salsa/Son
NEW: Idalberto & Sarah Alcalá, Cuba/London - "Cuban footwork"
Leandro Charanga, Cuba/Cambridge
and Natalie Ward, UK/Cheltenham - Reggaeton
José Ferrera Mullen, Cuba/Norwich - Percussions
Francis Marinho, UK/Milton Keynes - Styling/Body Isolation
Miguel Monteiro, Guinea-Bissau/London
and Marlene Almeida Portugal/London - Kizomba
Juan Carlos Pacheco, Cuba/Peterborough - Son/Salsa
and your favourite local teachers:
Richard and Sharon, DanceCuban.net, Norwich
Udoka and Nunchi, Salsa T.
NEW: Serap Mert, Seraph Dance Classes
DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa
EXCLUSIVE: ice-breaker class with KERRY RIBCHESTER to start the party!
EXCLUSIVE: UK PREMIÈRE of IDALBERTO & SARAH ALACALÁ'S NEW SHOW!
All the above teachers are CONFIRMED at the time of writing, we will add more to the lineup if the festival gets sufficient support.
- 9:30am - 10am : registration, free tea/coffee, welcome address.
- 11am - 1pm : morning workshops.
- 1pm - 2pm : lunch break, special menu from the lounge bus.
- 2pm - 7pm : afternoon workshops.
- 7pm - 9pm : dinner break, special menu or a la carte.
- 9pm : ice-breaker and party, shows at 11pm.
All teachers are confirmed at the time of writing. This programme is provisional, we reserve the right to introduce adjustments.
An inspirational and innovative place on the outskirts of Cambridge, with a brilliant deco and some amazing food and drinks. You will be enchanted.
The Missing Sock
Finders Corner, Newmarket Road,
Stow-cum-Quy, Cambridge CB25 9AQ
Click here for more information about the venue.
Gentle notice: all food consumed on the premises MUST come from The Missing Sock. Thank you for your understanding.
That said, between a walk in the woods with a plain ham sandwich or a warm, tasty, reasonably priced festival special in the funky surroundings of The Missing Sock, is there really much to hesitate about...
Pricing and tickets:
Tickets are significantly cheaper if bought in advance. The price list below indicates prices until May 31st/until June 30th/on site:
- Adult, workshops + party: £40/£45/£50.
- Student, workshops + party: £20/£25/£30.
- Children under 12 years old FREE.
- evening party + shows only: £10/£12/£15.
Tickets can be bought in advance at the preferential rate through the following channels:
- online through Paypal, using the drop-down menu below (NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT NEEDED, the bookings can be made with any regular credit card);
- directly at Leandro's 100% Cuban classes and Club, every Wednesday, 19:00 - 23:55, Romsey Labour Club, corner of Mill Road & Coleridge Road CB1 3NL;
- directly at The Missing Sock, Finders Corner, Newmarket Road, Stow-cum-Quy, Cambridge CB25 9AQ.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further enquiries.
"Welcome and thank you for your support. We wish you a great day of dancing, partying, fine food and friendship at the AfroSalsa Dance Festival!"
-- The AfroSalsa Dance Festival team:
-- DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa and The Missing Sock
Click the flyers below: