DJ Sacha combines a rare mix of skills which guarantees the best possible entertainment for your party.
For more information please use this contact form or call us on the mobile number pictured at the bottom of this page.
Musical taste - DJ Sacha's live mixes gather energetic tracks that truly transmit salsa's positive energy to the audience, and form a balanced mix of ageless favourites and bleeding edge hits. He pays particular attention to anticipating the crowd's reactions, in order to keep the energy up and the danceefloor full. Guaranteed to keep you dancing until the end of the night!
"DJ Sacha's selection is fresh, yet up to date. I love it." - Dean, London.
"I had never heard some of the tracks before, but they were so good I couldn't stop dancing! I was pleasantly surprised." - Lorraine, Manchester.
Dance teaching and entertainment - Sacha's ability to lead fun dance line ups and taster classes guarantees that everyone gets a chance to dance and to love a salsa party. For the past 5 years, Sacha has developed a long dance teaching and entertainment experience in the framework of local group classes, private one-to-one classes, primary school activities, city council sports events, corporate events and hen/stag nights. Thus, he has a track record of helping people of all abilities to become confident on the dancefloor and to enjoy salsa dancing at their own level.
"Thanks to your dance lineups during our wedding party, everyone was able to enjoy the live salsa band and had so much fun. Thank you!" - Miranda and Tim, Cambridge.
Salsa promotions - For hassle-free event organisation, nothing beats hiring an experienced salsa promoter. Sacha has organized and promoted many Cuban salsa events and parties which have revived, developed and grown the Cuban salsa scene in the region of Cambridge, and he is now helping with a number of other Cuban salsa projects in East Anglia and the UK (information available on www.CambridgeCubanSalsa.co.uk). For your own event, just pick a venue, and Sacha can provide lighting and a sound system, advise on room arrangements and decoration, advise on the schedule which will keep your guests happy and entertained at the appropriate moments, and more. Just rely on your DJ for organisation details, and let your mind be free to take care of your guests and enjoy the party.
" If DJs were all playing the same thing all the time, it would be boring. A good DJ is one who plays some familiar tracks to make people feel at home, but also brings people to uncharted territory and exotic destinations, with taste, good judgement and respect for the guests, catering for experienced dancers and beginners alike."
"A DJ also has to express personality in his choice of tracks. I'd say my choice is more towards positive, happy tracks, with something interesting in the tumbao, and lots of musicality. But if the crowd wants commercial tracks, that's no worries, in the end it's about having a good time."
"I like challenges. My best souvenir is a wedding party where a Venezuelian groom married a German bride in the UK. I had to please everyone, from the Latino granny to the Berliner emo teen niece, and the British guests too. Did a bit of research, updated my knowledge of the German top 100 (used to live in Germany a few years ago), and in the end the mix included something for everyone, evolving seamlessly between the styles. Did you know that Heart of Glass from Kim Wilde starts with a salsa beat, or that some merengue tracks mix great with Gangnam Style? That's what I'm talking about. In the end everyone had a great time and was stunned to discover that German pop and 80es hits could be blended with salsa in a completely seamless way. Everyone had a good time and that's what matters most: a great party that people will remember equals mission accomplished." - DJ Sacha, Cambridge
DJ Sacha is available on demand for salsa services including DJing, dance classes (Cuban salsa, Bachata and Merengue), hen parties, wedding animations, musical workshops, salsa demos, salsa artist bookings and sound system hire for small and medium venues. Please use this contact form to get more information, or call the number below.
For a taste of DJ Sacha's Cuban salsa selection, subscribe and listen to the free Cambridge Cuban Salsa podcast!
Enjoy DJ Sacha's music selection and dance teaching at the Cambridge Cuban Salsa socials as well as at the following events:
- Weekend July. 13th-14th, 2013 - AfroSalsa Festival, Cambridge - http://www.CambridgeCubanSalsa.co.uk/
- Weekend May. 10th-12th, 2013 - AfroCuban Salsa Fiesta, Mundesley (Norfolk) - http://www.afrocuban.co.uk/
- Weekend June 21st-23rd, 2013 - Brighton Cuban Salsa Festival 2013 - http://www.BrightonCubanSalsaFestival.com/
- Weekend Apr.11th-14th, 2013 - London International Cuban Congress - http://www.londoncubancongress.com/
- Saturday Dec 12th, 2012 - MiCUBA party, London - http://cubanschool.info/
- Weekend Sept. 7th-9th, 2012 - AfroCuban Pati Salsa Fiesta, Mundesley (Norfolk) - http://www.afrocuban.co.uk/
- Weekend Aug.3rd-6th, 2012 - UK Cuban International Salsa Congress, Bournemouth - http://www.cubansalsacongress.com/
- Saturday July 21st, 2012 - Dance Visions, The Club, Ashford, Kent - http://www.dancevisions.co.uk/
- Saturday July 14th, 2012 - AfroSalsa Festival 2012, Cambridge - http://www.AfroSalsaFestival.co.uk/
- Bank Holiday Monday June 4th, 2012 - Dance Cuban Charity Fiesta, Acle/Norwich - http://www.DanceCuban.net/
- Saturday June 23rd, 2012 - Petersfield Area Community Trust event, Cambridge - http://pactcambridge.org/
- Saturday April 14th, 2012 - Dance Visions, The Club, Ashford, Kent - http://www.dancevisions.co.uk/
- Weekend Apr.5th-9th, 2012 - London International Cuban Congress - http://www.londoncubancongress.com/
- Weekend Feb.17th-20th, 2012 - AfroCuban Salsa Festival, Hayling Island - http://http://www.afrocuban.co.uk/
- Friday Jan. 20th, 2012 - "Cuba Pequena" party, Braintree - http://http://www.cubapequena.com/
- Saturday Dec. 31st, 2011 - La Tasca Cambridge, New Year's Eve Salsa Party, Cambridge - http://www.latascakitchen.co.uk/cambridge/
- Friday Dec. 9th, 2011 - Salsa Vivacity, Chelmsford, Essex, with special guest Idalberto Alcala
- Saturday Dec.3rd, 2011 - "Buena Vista" party, Cubanisimo, Oxford - http://www.cubanisimo.co.uk/
- Weekend Nov.25th-27th, 2011 - International Cuban Salsa Congress at the Castle - http://http://havananights.co.uk/
- Friday Nov.4th, 2011 - "Cuba Pequena" party, Braintree - http://http://www.cubapequena.com/
- Saturday Oct. 22nd, 2011 - SalsaBristol all-dayer - http://www.salsabristol.co.uk/
- Weekend Oct. 7th-9th, 2011 - Tropicalentura congress, South Wales - http://www.tropicalentura.co.uk/
- Weekend Sept. 9th-11th, 2011 - AfroCuban Pati Salsa Fiesta, Mundesley (Norfolk) - http://www.afrocuban.co.uk/
- Weekend Aug. 5th-8th, 2011 - Cuban Salsa Congress, Bournemouth Pavilion Ballroom - http://www.cubansalsacongress.com/
- Friday July 8th and Friday July 29th, 2011 - Da Cuban Room at USC, Cambridge
- Sat. July 2nd, AfroSalsa Festival 2011, Cambridge - www.AfroSalsaFestival.co.uk
- Sat. June 25th-Sun. June 26th, 2011 - Salsa Explosion Anniversary Party with Sur Caribe LIVE, Bournemouth
- Friday June 24th, 2011 - Da Cuban Room at USC, Cambridge
- Saturday June 4th, 2011 - "Buena Vista" party, Cubanisimo, Oxford - http://www.cubanisimo.co.uk/
- Monday May 30th, 2011 - Dance Cuban Charity Day, Norfolk - http://www.dancecuban.net/
- Saturday May 28th, 2011 - Salsa Vivacity, Chelmsford, Essex