The Winter AfroSalsa Festival 2017
Saturday February 18th - 12:00 - 01:00
Sunday February 19th - 14:30 - 23:00
Various venues in Cambridge.
[Go directly to ONLINE BOOKING]
[See the final programme]
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
Two great days of Salsa workshops and partying, with a fantastic live band!
- More than 10 hours of workshop to choose from in: Salsa, AfroCuban, Ladies/Men Styling, Bachata.
- Classes for all levels. All indoors spaces.
- Non-stop partying until 1.00am on the Saturday night, and extra partying until 23:00 on the Sunday night.
- Professional full 7-piece live band CUBAN COMBINATION for a danceable concert on the Saturday night!
- Exclusive shows by the invited teachers.
The programme features professional master teachers who have impressive track records of teaching nationally and internationally. It also actively promotes the new generation of teachers who have learned from the masters and are doing a great job developing Cuban salsa at the national level. In alphabetical order, please welcome:
Richard Fallon, London - Rueda!
Damarys Farres, Cuba/London - AfroCuban/Rumba
Alex & Laurita, Spain/UK/London - Bachata
Yersin Guillen Rivas, Cuba/Newcastle - Rumba/Casino
Esref "Parranda" Ulas, Turkey/Sheffield - Rueda!
Andrea Gallego Ortiz, Bachata Obsesion Cambridge - Styling/Bachata
DJ Vish, Club Salsa Cambridge - Kizomba
DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa, Cambridge
All the above teachers are CONFIRMED at the time of writing.
More teachers to be confirmed soon!
- Venue: University Social Club, Mill Lane, Cambridgeshire CB2 1RX
- 12:00 - 19:00 : afternoon workshops.
- 19:00 - 20:30 : Dinner break.
- 20:30 : ice-breaker and party, band on stage at 21:30. FULL 7-PIECE CUBAN COMBINATION LIVE! + SPECIAL VALENTINE'S THEME!
- Venue: Cambridge Workingmen's Club, 125 East Road, CB1 1DB
- 14:30 - 17:30 : special 3hrs Rueda workshop with Richard Fallon!
- 17:30 - 19:30 : Dinner break.
- 19:30 - 23:00 : Advanced class with Richard Fallon, party at the Cambridge Workingmen's Club, 125 East Road, CB1 1DB, free upon presentation of the festival's wristband.
All teachers are confirmed at the time of writing. We reserve the right to introduce adjustments to the programme.
University Social Club
Mill Lane, Cambridgeshire CB2 1RX
Cambridge Workingmen's Club
125 East Road, CB1 1DB
(More info coming on accommodation options in Cambridge.)
Pricing and tickets:
Tickets are significantly cheaper if bought in advance. The price list below indicates prices until February 17th/on site:
- Saturday+Sunday, full pass: £65/£75.
- Saturday workshops + party (incl. shows & live band): £50/£60.
- Sunday workshop + free evening class & party: £25/£25.
- Saturday party (incl. shows & live band): £15/£15.
- STUDENT Saturday+Sunday, full pass: £40/£45.
- STUDENT Saturday workshops + party (incl. shows & live band): £30/£35.
- STUDENT Sunday workshop + free party: £15/£15.
- STUDENT Saturday party (incl. shows & live band): £15/£15.
Children under 12 years old FREE.
Tickets can be bought in advance at the preferential rate through the following channels:
- online through Paypal, using the drop-down menu below (NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT NEEDED, the bookings can be made with any regular credit card);
- directly at The Cambridge Cuban Salsa Thursdays and Sundays, every Thursday and every Sunday, 19:30 - 23:00, Cambridge Working Men's Club, 125 East Road, Cambridge CB1 1DB (opposite the Crown Court) - 079 03 828 017.
- You do not need a PayPal account to book online, just use a credit card by clicking "Don't have a PayPal account?" on the checkout page.
- We operate a ticket-free scheme. Your name will be registered on our list at the door. Please print your PayPal receipt as a proof of purchase.
- Please bring your student ID if you booked at student price. We reserve the right to claim the difference or to refuse access to the workshop if a student ID can't be shown.
ONLINE BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED. But don't worry, you can still book at the door!
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further enquiries.
"Welcome and thank you for your support. We wish you two great days of dancing, partying and friendship at the Winter AfroSalsa Festival!"
-- The AfroSalsa Festival team:
-- DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa