The Winter AfroSalsa Festival 2016
Saturday February 20th - 12:00 - 01:00
Sunday February 21st - 14:30 - 23:00
Various venues in Cambridge.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
Two great days of Salsa workshops and partying, with a fantastic live band!
- More than 10 hours of workshop to choose from in: Salsa, AfroCuban, Ladies/Men Styling, Bachata.
- Classes for all levels. All indoors spaces.
- Non-stop partying until 1.00am on the Saturday night, and extra partying until 23:00 on the Sunday night.
- Professional live band SON GUARACHANDO for a danceable concert on the Saturday night!
- Exclusive shows by the invited teachers.
The programme features professional master teachers who have impressive track records of teaching nationally and internationally. It also actively promotes the new generation of teachers who have learned from the masters and are doing a great job developing Cuban salsa at the national level. In alphabetical order, please welcome:
Damarys Farres, Cuba/London - AfroCuban/Rumba
Nikola Medic and Danielle Satsias, Serbia/Cyprus/London - Ruedaaaaaa!
Julian Marmolejo, Colombia/London - Bachata
David Martinez, Cuba/London - Pasitos/Rueda
Ariel Rios Robert, Cuba/Leicester - AfroCuban/Son
Emma, Andrea & Peter, Bachata Obsesion Cambridge - Styling/Bachata
DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa, Cambridge
EVENING CONCERT with LIVE BAND SON GUARACHANDO on Saturday!
All the above teachers are CONFIRMED at the time of writing.
- Venue: University Social Club, Mill Lane, Cambridgeshire CB2 1RX
- 12:00 - 18:30 : afternoon workshops.
- 18:30 - 20:00 : Dinner break.
- 20:00 : ice-breaker and party, band on stage at 21:00. SON GUARACHANDO LIVE!
- Venue: Cambridge Workingmen's Club, 125 East Road, CB1 1DB
- 14:30 - 17:30 : special 3hrs workshop with Nikola Medic and Danielle Satsias, Rueda World Champions!
- 17:30 - 19:30 : Dinner break.
- 19:30 - 23:00 : Special footwork/suelta class with Niko and Dani, party at the Cambridge Workingmen's Club, 125 East Road, CB1 1DB, free upon presentation of the festival's wristband.
All teachers are confirmed at the time of writing. This programme is provisional, we reserve the right to introduce adjustments.
University Social Club
Mill Lane, Cambridgeshire CB2 1RX
Cambridge Workingmen's Club
125 East Road, CB1 1DB
(More info coming on accommodation options in Cambridge.)
Pricing and tickets:
Tickets are significantly cheaper if bought in advance. The price list below indicates prices until February 19th/on site:
- Saturday+Sunday, full pass: £55/£65.
- Saturday+Sunday, full pass, STUDENT: £40/£45.
- Saturday only, workshops+party: £45/£55.
- Saturday only, workshops+party, STUDENT: £30/£35.
- Saturday party + shows only: £15/£15.
- Sunday only, 3hrs workshop + free party: £20/£20.
- Sunday only, 3hrs workshop + free party, STUDENT: £15/£15.
- Children under 12 years old FREE.
Tickets can be bought in advance at the preferential rate through the following channels:
- online through Paypal, using the drop-down menu below (NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT NEEDED, the bookings can be made with any regular credit card);
- directly at The Cambridge Cuban Salsa Thursdays and Sundays, every Thursday and every Sunday, 19:30 - 23:30, Cambridge Working Men's Club, 125 East Road, Cambridge CB1 1DB (opposite the Crown Court) - 079 03 828 017.
- You do not need a PayPal account to book online, just use a credit card by clicking "Don't have a PayPal account?" on the checkout page.
- We operate a ticket-free scheme. Your name will be registered on our list at the door. Please print your PayPal receipt as a proof of purchase.
- Please bring your student ID if you booked at student price. We reserve the right to claim the difference or to refuse access to the workshop if a student ID can't be shown.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further enquiries.
"Welcome and thank you for your support. We wish you two great days of dancing, partying and friendship at the Winter AfroSalsa Festival!"
-- The AfroSalsa Festival team:
-- DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa