The AfroSalsa Dance Festival 2014
Saturday July 12th - 09:30 - 04:00
Sunday July 13th - 12:30 - 23.30
Cambridge - The Missing Sock
LATEST NEWS - TRANSPORTATION: it is now confirmed that there will be a pickup from the Cambridge railway station at 9am. Please look for the Missing Sock minibus, and please don't be late!
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
Two great days out of Salsa dancing, music, fine food, partying and friendship!
- More than 15 hours of workshop to choose from in: Salsa, AfroCuban, Ladies/Men Styling, Bachata, Kizomba, percussions.
- Classes for all levels. Indoors and covered outdoors, weather-proof spaces.
- Non-stop partying until 4.00am on the Saturday night, and extra partying until 23:00 on the Sunday night.
- Exclusive shows by the invited teachers.
- Delicious food and drink specials available on site. Ample parking space.
The programme features professional master teachers who have impressive
track records of teaching nationally and internationally. It also actively promotes
the new generation of teachers who have learned from the masters and are
doing a great job developing Cuban salsa at the national level. Finally,
it also features some of the teachers who are doing an essential job in
developing Cuban salsa at the local level in East Anglia. In alphabetical order,
Damarys Farres, Cuba/London - AfroCuban/Son
Nikola Medic, Serbia/London - Rueda World Champion
and Danielle Satsias, Cyprus/London - Rueda
Kerry Ribchester, UK/London - Cuban bodywork
Ariel Rios Robert, Cuba/London - AfroCuban/Salsa
NEW: Etian Antuche Almeida, Cuba/London - Afro Contemporary
NEW: Gerardo De Armas, Cuba/London - Percussions
NEW: Francis Marinho, Milton Keynes - Reggaeton
THE LOCAL TEACHERS
Richard and Sharon, www.DanceCuban.net, Norwich
Barbara Baker, Cambridge - Kizomba
DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa, Cambridge
More teachers to be announced soon!
MUSICAL BRUNCH with LIVE BAND SABROSON on Sunday!
NEW: DJ Vish, Cambridge - Kizomba dancefloor
NEW: Debbie Back2Toes will provide her heavenly massages as part of the Saturday programme!
All the above teachers are CONFIRMED at the time of writing.
- 9:30am - 10am : registration, free tea/coffee, welcome address.
- 10am - 1pm : morning workshops.
- 1pm - 2pm : lunch break, special buffet.
- 2pm - 7pm : afternoon workshops.
- 7pm - 8.30pm : dinner break, special menu or a la carte.
- 8.30pm : ice-breaker and party, shows at 11pm.
- 12:30 - 14:00 : musical brunch with LIVE BAND SABROSON!
- 14:00 - 17:00 : special 3hrs rueda workshop with Nikola Medic, Rueda World Champion, and Danielle Satsias from Havana Londres!
- 17:00 - 19:30 : Dinner break.
- 19:30 - 23:30 : Grand Finale -- special class and show with Etian Antuche Almeida, party at the Cambridge Workingmen's Club, 125 East Road, CB1 1DB, free upon presentation of the festival's wristband.
Please CLICK HERE to see the programme!
All teachers are confirmed at the time of writing. This programme is provisional, we reserve the right to introduce adjustments.
The Missing Sock
Finders Corner, Newmarket Road,
Stow-cum-Quy, Cambridge CB25 9AQ
WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT TRUST YOUR SAT-NAV. Please see the TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION page for more info.
An inspirational and innovative place on the outskirts of Cambridge, with a brilliant deco and some amazing food and drinks. You will be enchanted.
Click here for more information about the venue.
Accommodation: camping on site is available for £5 if booked in advance with the Missing Sock. SHOWERS are available. There is also a wide range of cheap hotels available nearby. Please CLICK HERE for information about TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION to the festival.
Like last year, the Missing Sock will offer be a reasonably priced BBQ lunch, and a 3-course buffet special at for dinner. A range of snacks will also be available throughout the day. (Please note that food is not included with the festival ticket.)
Gentle notice: as part of the agreement that makes it possible to organise the festival at this great venue, all food consumed on the premises MUST come from The Missing Sock. The food has received very positive feedback last year, so we hope that this is good value for you. Thank you for your understanding.
Pricing and tickets:
NEW NEW NEW: COMBO LOCO: buy the full passes for Cuba in Brighton (June 13th-16th) and the AfroSalsa jointly to keep the early bird price for both!!! That's like buying two festivals for the price of one, that's an UNBEATABLE GREAT VALUE OFFER!!! Just use the last option in the Paypal menu below to get this crazy double deal.
Tickets are significantly cheaper if bought in advance. The price list below indicates prices until July 11th/on site:
- Saturday+Sunday, full pass: £55/£60.
- Saturday+Sunday, full pass, STUDENT: £30/£35.
- Saturday only, workshops+party: £50/£55.
- Saturday only, workshops+party, STUDENT: £25/£30.
- Saturday party + shows only: £10/£10.
- Sunday only, 3hrs workshop + free party: £20/£20.
- Sunday only, 3hrs workshop + free party, STUDENT: £15/£15.
- Children under 12 years old FREE.
- COMBO LOCO: CubaInBrighton + AfroSalsa: £124.
- COMBO LOCO: CubaInBrighton + AfroSalsa, STUDENT: £79.
Tickets can be bought in advance at the preferential rate through the following channels:
- online through Paypal, using the drop-down menu below (NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT NEEDED, the bookings can be made with any regular credit card);
- directly at The Cambridge Cuban Salsa Thursdays and Sundays, every Thursday and every Sunday, 19:30 - 23:30, Cambridge Working Men's Club, 125 East Road, Cambridge CB1 1DB (opposite the Crown Court) - 079 03 828 017.
- You do not need a PayPal account to book online, just use a credit card by clicking "Don't have a PayPal account?" on the checkout page.
- We operate a ticket-free scheme. Your name will be registered on our list at the door. Please print your PayPal receipt as a proof of purchase.
- Please bring your student ID if you booked at student price. We reserve the right to claim the difference or to refuse access to the workshop if a student ID can't be shown.
ONLINE BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED. But no worries, you can still book at the door! See you there...
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further enquiries.
"Welcome and thank you for your support. We wish you two great days of dancing, partying, fine food and friendship at the AfroSalsa Dance Festival!"
-- The AfroSalsa Dance Festival team:
-- DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa and The Missing Sock
Please click on the flyers below: