The AfroSalsa Dance Festival 2015
Saturday July 11th - 09:30 - 04:00
Sunday July 12th - 12:30 - 23.30
Cambridge - The Missing Sock
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
Two great days out of Salsa dancing, music, fine food, partying and friendship!
- More than 15 hours of workshop to choose from in: Salsa, AfroCuban, Ladies/Men Styling, Bachata, Kizomba, percussions.
- Classes for all levels. Indoors and covered outdoors, weather-proof spaces.
- Non-stop partying until 4.00am on the Saturday night, and extra partying until 23:00 on the Sunday night.
- Exclusive shows by the invited teachers.
- Delicious food and drink specials available on site. Ample parking space.
The programme features professional master teachers who have impressive track records of teaching nationally and internationally. It also actively promotes the new generation of teachers who have learned from the masters and are doing a great job developing Cuban salsa at the national level. Finally, it also features some of the teachers who are doing an essential job in developing Cuban salsa at the local level in East Anglia. In alphabetical order, please welcome:
MASTER CLASSES with:
Damarys Farres, Cuba/London - AfroCuban/Rumba
Ariel Rios Robert, Cuba/London - AfroCuban/Son
Osbanis Tejeda, Cuba/London
and Anneta Kepka, Poland/London - Casino con Sabor
Elen Wales & René Bekker, Cambridge/Buckingham - Kizomba
Tamba Hissirou, Salsaché Nottingham - Rueda/Cha Cha
YouYi & Emma, Bachata Obsesion Cambridge - Bachata
DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa, Cambridge
MASSAGES with DEBBIE BACK2TOES!
MUSICAL BRUNCH with LIVE BAND SABROSON on Sunday!
NEW! Gerardo de Armas, Cuba/London - Percussions
NEW! Nikola Medic and Danielle Satsias, Serbia/Cyprus/London - Ruedaaaaaa!
NEW! DJ Vish, Cambridge - Kizomba dancefloor
All the above teachers are CONFIRMED at the time of writing.
Please note: due to an accident, Kerry Ribchester is unfortunately unable to join us this year. Her Moving from within classes are replaced with Afrocuban Bodywork by Ariel and Spot the Clave by DJ Sacha. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Let us all send our best wishes to Kerry for a speedy recovery.
- 9:30am - 10am : registration, free tea/coffee, welcome address.
- 10am - 1pm : morning workshops.
- 1pm - 2pm : lunch break, special buffet.
- 2pm - 7pm : afternoon workshops.
- 7pm - 8.30pm : dinner break, special menu or a la carte.
- 8.30pm : ice-breaker and party, shows at 11pm.
- 12:30 - 14:00 : musical brunch with LIVE BAND SABROSON!
- 14:00 - 17:00 : special 3hrs rueda workshop with Nikola Medic and Danielle Satsias, Rueda World Champions!
- 17:00 - 19:30 : Dinner break.
- 19:30 - 23:30 : Grand Finale -- special footwork/suelta class with Niko and Dani, party at the Cambridge Workingmen's Club, 125 East Road, CB1 1DB, free upon presentation of the festival's wristband.
All teachers are confirmed at the time of writing. This programme is provisional, we reserve the right to introduce adjustments.
An inspirational and innovative place on the outskirts of Cambridge, with a brilliant deco and some amazing food and drinks.
The Missing Sock
Finders Corner, Newmarket Road,
Stow-cum-Quy, Cambridge CB25 9AQ
WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT TRUST YOUR SAT-NAV. Please see the TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION page for more info.
Click here for more information about the venue.
Accommodation: camping on site is available for £8 per person if booked in advance with the Missing Sock (01223 812 660). SHOWERS are available on the site. There is also a wide range of cheap hotels available nearby. Please CLICK HERE for information about TRANSPORT AND ACCOMMODATION to the festival.
The Missing Sock will offer a reasonably priced BBQ lunch, and a 3-course buffet special for dinner. A range of snacks will also be available throughout the day. (Please note that food is not included with the festival ticket.)
Gentle notice: As part of the agreement that makes it possible to organise the festival at this fantastic venue, all food consumed on the premises MUST come from The Missing Sock. The food has received very positive feedback last year, and the food prices are being kept as reasonable as possible. Thanks for your understanding.
Pricing and tickets:
Tickets are significantly cheaper if bought in advance. The price list below indicates prices until July 10th/on site:
- Saturday+Sunday, full pass: £65/£70.
- Saturday+Sunday, full pass, STUDENT: £40/£45.
- Saturday only, workshops+party: £55/£60.
- Saturday only, workshops+party, STUDENT: £35/£40.
- Saturday party + shows only: £10/£10.
- Sunday only, 3hrs workshop + free party: £25/£25.
- Sunday only, 3hrs workshop + free party, STUDENT: £15/£15.
- Children under 12 years old FREE.
Tickets can be bought in advance at the preferential rate through the following channels:
- online through Paypal, using the drop-down menu below (NO PAYPAL ACCOUNT NEEDED, the bookings can be made with any regular credit card);
- directly at The Cambridge Cuban Salsa Thursdays and Sundays, every Thursday and every Sunday, 19:30 - 23:30, Cambridge Working Men's Club, 125 East Road, Cambridge CB1 1DB (opposite the Crown Court) - 079 03 828 017.
- You do not need a PayPal account to book online, just use a credit card by clicking "Don't have a PayPal account?" on the checkout page.
- We operate a ticket-free scheme. Your name will be registered on our list at the door. Please print your PayPal receipt as a proof of purchase.
- Please bring your student ID if you booked at student price. We reserve the right to claim the difference or to refuse access to the workshop if a student ID can't be shown.
ONLINE BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED. But you can still book directly at the door! See you there...
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further enquiries.
"Welcome and thank you for your support. We wish you two great days of dancing, partying, fine food and friendship at the AfroSalsa Dance Festival!"
-- The AfroSalsa Dance Festival team:
-- DJ Sacha, Cambridge Cuban Salsa and The Missing Sock
Please click on the flyers below: